FAQ - High School Division
Q: What age level should my son tryout for?
A: The Sparks organization prefers players to play with their grade age.
- Entering 9th grade in Fall of ’22- then tryout for 15u
- Entering 10th grade in Fall of ’22- then tryout for 16u
- Entering 11th grade in Fall of ’22- then tryout for 17u
Q: Does the price include uniform costs?
A: Uniforms costs are are included. Each player will receive (2) jerseys, (2) pants, (1) hat, (1) pair of Stance socks and (1) belt.
Q: What is the tryout process like?
A: Players will be tested for different metrics. Following the testing, each player will hit and showcase defensively. Tryouts are conducted in a way where all participants are required to earn their spot on a team and each players will have ample opportunity to put their best foot forward. Players are notified the morning after the first tryout whether or not they have been invited back for night 2.
Q: How quickly will we be notified if we make the team and how do we lock in our roster spot?
A: Players will be notified of their status within 1-3 days of the final tryout. Players invited to the program will have 24 hours to accept their invitation. Players that accept will have to secure their roster spot with a deposit.
Q: How does payment work?
A: Player fees work with payment plans that look as follows:
- HS Position Player: $600 down payment, 8 payments of $250 beginning on November 1
- HS Pitcher ONLY: $400 down payment, 6 payments of $200 beginning on November 1
- 18u Membership/Training (Positional): $300 down payment, 6 payments of $200 beginning on November 1
- 18u Membership/Training (PO): $300 down payment, 2 payments of $300 beginning on November 1
*payment plans vary year to year based on player fees.