FAQ - Youth Division
home / Sports & Programs / Cangelosi Sparks / FAQ Youth Division
Q: What age level should my son tryout for?
A: The Sparks organization prefers players to play with their grade age.
- Entering 1st grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 7u
- Entering 2nd grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 8u
- Entering 3rd grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 9u
- Entering 4th grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 10u
- Entering 5th grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 11u
- Entering 6th grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 12u
- Entering 7th grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 13u
- Entering 8th grade in Fall of ’23- then tryout for 14u
Q: Does the price include uniform costs?
A: Uniforms costs are not included, however, a basic uniform package of (2) pants, (2) jerseys, (1) hat, (1) pair of Stance socks and (1) belt is under $250.
Q: What is the tryout process like?
A: Players will be tested for different metrics. Following the testing, each player will hit and showcase defensively. Tryouts are conducted in a way where all participants are required to earn their spot on a team and each players will have ample opportunity to put their best foot forward. Players are notified the morning after the first tryout whether or not they have been invited back for night 2.
Q: How quickly will we be notified if we make the team and how do we lock in our roster spot?
A: Players will be notified of their status within 24 hours of the final tryout. Players invited to the program will have 24 hours to accept their invitation. Players that accept will have to secure their roster spot with a deposit.
Q: How does payment work?
A: Player fees work with payment plans that look as follows:
- 8u: $1,145 player fees
- $245 down payment, 9 payments of $100 beginning October 1
- 9u: $2,100 player fees
- $500 down payment, 8 payments of $200 beginning October 1
- 10-14u: $3,295 player fees
- $640 down payment, 9 payments of $295 beginning on October 1